Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 2 poem
Day 2:
This is a special Quartina, from the Sestina family. A Sestina is iambic Pentameter. I’ll write a future Quartina in the same way.
This one actually rhymes. A & C rhyme, as does B & D, similar to the rhyming Sestina.
The form goes as follows: ABCD  DABC  CDAB  BCDA  A/B C/D(poem #11,102)
This poem will start out in time
Please permit me now if I may
While some do not, this one will rhyme
To make this Quartina the way.

This is not the regular way
For a Quartina at this time
But please permit me if I may
If I decide to make it rhyme.

A and C, and B and D rhyme
Using four words is the right way
It just may take a little time
To get it correct, if you may.

Set a nice meter, if you may
But just make sure that it will rhyme
There is not just one lonely way
To make this Quartina in time.

Out of time, to close if I may
Make it rhyme, it’s the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment